Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Hills Are Alive (With The Sound Of Music)



Left Eugene about 9:30 a.m. for the two-hour drive to the trailhead with friend and climbing/hiking partner Steve Still. Took awhile to get my legs -- probably about a mile -- and then we were off as I warmed up. Thank goodness for my iPod. Nothing like a little hard-driving rock and roll by The Who to help march my sorry butt up to the summit.

All in all, it was a good first outing. The bad news is I was a little worse for wear at the end of the day: rather stiff muscles, numerous mosquito bites and a blister on the back of my left heel (the boots were already broken in; the feet were not.). The good news is that I'm nearly fully recovered after 24 hours of rest and recuperation, and ready for the next one.


2 comments:

Randy Enders said...

"Michigan"?! O No!

One of those Cascade Wolverines hold you down and threaten to harm you?

Gonzo said...

Yes, they did. Or was I hallucinating?