Friday, August 11, 2017

Gotham Gathering

Once again, I was called to serve on the nominating committee for the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) to develop a slate for national leadership roles in 2018. On previous stints, the work session was held in Chicago, but this year, they held the meeting in Gotham City.

Yep, it was basically a long weekend in New York City for 20 or so PRSA members from districts and sections from around the United States. Our task: to review candidate applications and letters of recommendation, and then interview those candidates for consideration for district directors and at-large positions.

The schedule: intense, as always, and a packed agenda left little time for sightseeing. However, I did have some time on the bike path along the East River, about two blocks from my hotel on Wall Street, early on Saturday. The highlight was seeing my brother Robert, who traveled from Philadelphia by train before I departed (below).


No comments: